What are the things to consider when choosing a glass shower enclosure?
- Consider Your Renovation Budget
- Check Your Bathroom Space
- Choose A Glass Shower Type
- Decide on The Type of Shower Glass
Ready to upgrade your bathroom? A stunning glass shower enclosure is one of the best ways to add a stylish modern touch to your bathroom. And unlike shower curtains, glass shower enclosures are also more hygienic and do not proliferate mold buildup.
But, there is a lot to think about when choosing the perfect glass shower enclosure. In this blog, we discuss some of the things to consider when choosing a glass shower enclosure for your bathroom!
Consider Your Renovation Budget
When it comes to choosing a glass shower enclosure, the budget is a top consideration. Similar to any type of home remodel, a glass shower enclosure can come in various styles. Decide how much you are willing to spend on it. Account for the cost of the enclosure itself as well as the labor for the installation.
The price of a glass shower enclosure will depend on many factors. For example, there are framed and frameless enclosures and they differ in price. There are also different types of glass available. You can expect that the more elaborate the design details, the more you will have to pay for the glass shower enclosure.
Check Your Bathroom Space
No one would want to enter or exit their shower feeling cramped. So, check your bathroom space and if there will be enough space for your glass shower enclosure. If your bathroom is not spacious enough or your shower area itself is not the standard square or rectangular shape, you might need to invest in a frameless glass shower enclosure.
Choose A Glass Shower Type
With hundreds of types available, you won’t run out of options when it comes to choosing the perfect glass shower enclosure. For example, you might want to opt for a uniquely curved enclosure. Aside from that, you can also choose other shower types that match your bathroom’s spacing needs or aesthetics.
Here are some of the most common types:
- Sliding shower doors – Similar to a patio sliding door, these shower doors slide past each other. These can have a set pane with one sliding on a track, or both glass panels moving. The benefit of sliding shower doors is that they are space-saving, as they do not need extra room to swing open. These are ideal for small bathrooms.
- Hinged or swing shower doors – This type of shower door opens up like a traditional door. Pivot joints allow the door to swing open to let you get into and out of the shower. This glass shower door is ideal for bathrooms with more space as it needs to swing open.
- Framed shower doors – As its name suggests, framed shower doors are supported and surrounded by framing. These are more cost-efficient than other shower door options, easy to install and do an excellent job of keeping water tightly inside the shower area.
- Frameless shower doors – Frameless shower doors look undeniably stylish, modern, and minimalist, which is why these can be more costly. But their stunning and elegant look may make the extra expense worth it. In addition, frameless glass shower doors have thicker glass and are easier to maintain because soap scum buildup is avoided.
Decide on The Type of Shower Glass
In addition to the door style of your glass shower enclosure, you also have to decide on what glass type you prefer.
Here are your best options:
- Clear shower glass – The standard clear glass is the most popular shower glass option because it is easy to clean and modern looking. It provides an unobstructed view and can make your bathroom appear bigger.
- Low-Iron shower glass – Also known as HD glass, this glass option offers minimal green tint. So, you can look through the glass and see the rest of your bathroom well too.
- Frosted or opaque shower glass- This shower glass offers much privacy.
- Tinted shower glass – Tinted shower glass versions can come in various colors like gray or bronze.
- Textured shower glass – There are different types of textured shower glass: rain or hammered. The rain glass is textured on the inside and has a rain pattern on the outside. The hammered glass is made nontransparent by making the glass resemble a beaten metal.
In this article, we’ve rounded up some of the things to consider when choosing a glass shower enclosure. If you’re ready to find a new glass shower enclosure, Aluminum Depot can help!
We offer glass shower enclosures in the Philippines and we would be more than happy to guide you toward a selection that fits your budget and style preference. Inquire here!